Funny how life changes. Nothing ever stays the same. Roles reverse, hair turns gray, wrinkles appear, children grow, parents age, life moves on.
Sometimes I welcome change. I love the changing of the seasons and the way nature dances through each one with such grace. I like the way my hair has lightened into a salt and pepper look. I love that I can depend on Michael's love for me remaining steady and sure no matter how much time passes.
Sometimes I despise change. I hate the way time is marching across my face and body leaving a trail of devastation in its wake. I hate the way the strongest people I know are being buffeted and ravaged by time. I hate that I can't freeze time and keep my children young and safe in my care forever. As grateful as I am that Michael is home a good bit while I am having to work, I am so jealous that I am no longer the one who is home.
It is all a trade off. Nothing remains the same; everything changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment