On the way to work this morning, I was thinking about what JJ told me Monday night. She said she sees me going down the same road she is traveling. Talk about a frightening thought! I was considering seeing a therapist to help me avoid that road and as I thought about it, I wondered where I would begin? There is so much that is wrong in my world. There is much that is right, but an overwhelming amount of wrong and dysfunction. While pondering this, I realized that I don't exhibit the demeanor of a person suffering from depression. I have been in that deep hole and that is NOT what I feel at this juncture.
Ironically, while looking at my emails this morning I zoned in on a Dr.Oz email about stress. I opened it, took a stress test, and found that I suffer from something closely resembling if not actually, burnout. The symptoms are what I have felt for a very long time and could never name. I am happy to know that I can at least mull this over and possibly name this dragon that is waging war with me. It is difficult to fight what is unidentified. Glad I found this before someone placed me on antidepressants! That could have exascerbated my existing symptoms.
No comments:
Post a Comment