Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Make Room For Daddy!!

At 7:30 last night, Daddy got settled into Ellen's house. Whew! Apparently, there was a delay because the doctor had neglected to sign off on one of his medications or something to that effect. His billiruben count is elevated but we are hoping that will level out as he is able to take in more food and drink at Ellen's. He was unable to eat much hospital food of any substance. He did have a temperature spike last night higher than it had been in the hospital, but it was normal this morning. He got up and got a shower (first REAL shower in two weeks) ate some scrambled eggs, some grits, two cups of coffee, and said he was ready for bed....to wake him up at noon for lunch. He is still weak, but walking better and we hope all of that will continue to improve with time and all the TLC that Ellen, Mama, and Tommy are pouring out on him. He will see the doctor in about a week to see what progress has been made.

Hospital humor for 2008: Mama was giving Daddy little sponge baths in the hospital. She jokingly said she would bathe him from the top down, as far as possible. Then she would bathe him from the bottom up, as far as possible. Then she would bathe possible! I laughed so hard when I heard her say that. What characters they are to be in their 80's! Priceless!

I stayed up until 3am before going to bed. I had just gotten to the point where the thought of going to sleep was unnerving. I have awakened every morning with a migraine for so long and I just wanted to keep feeling good for as long as possible. I eventually got too sleepy to stay awake and took a migraine tablet before retiring and to my wonder...no headache today! Maybe I have broken the pattern, or the spell, or it has run its course or the medicine to prevent the headaches has finally built up in my system, whatever, I don't care. I am so happy to be headache free for a day!

Things in my world are starting to get back into order somewhat. Change is inevitable and life may never be the way it was before May 13, 2008, but it is on the upswing and I am feeling good about it. Today, life is good.

1 comment:

Joann said...

I don't know if Aunt Margie intended for you to post that story about "possible" for all the world to see, but I'm glad you did! That was so funny! I'm glad Uncle Tom is recovering, and I hope he will feel much better soon.
Love to all of you,
Joann