I am a Bama fan. I have been a Bama fan since birth. My Daddy made sure of that! Still, in all my 47 years of Crimson Tide devotion I have never been to Tuscaloosa...until last weekend. It is summer and although baseball is going on (and the Tide is doing well, I hear), it ain't football season. However, I decided I like Tuscaloosa quite a bit, probably better than I would during football season. The children and I got a little bit familiar with the ins and outs of town while Michael worked. We played in the pool and shopped a little and even took our little Pomeranian, Prissy with us. We visited University church on Sunday and it was good to expose ourselves to somethings that were not our "normal" and our "typical".
The wildest thing is that in my packing for the trip on Friday, I left one of my bags at home. It was the all-important personal item bag in which was found my daily medications! Yikes!!! (Friday was a nightmare from torment day all the way around! We didn't arrive in Tuscaloosa until 1:00 am Sat.!) I wondered how I would fare being off my meds for several days, but amazingly, I had no serious side effects or repercussions! I just now took my Topomax for tonight and will start up the rest in the morning, but I think the sheer lack of stress kept me feeling good without my scripts!
Michael will be posted there for about another month until state inspections are completed and the upgrades are done, so we plan to visit him again now that the little ones are out of school. My children are so easily entertained! Just take them to a hotel with a pool and they are completely satisfied. I am so blessed to have such dear, easy to please, children!
ROLL TIDE!!!!
1 comment:
Wow, didn't realize you had never visited Bama Country. Tuscaloosa is a pretty little place. Glad you had a good time and I know you are looking forward to more visits. Yeah, pools and kids are a good match. Seems to keep them entertained and wears them out at the same time! xoxo
Post a Comment