Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Parents are Home!

Boy, how that term has taken on a new meaning! Instead of every teenager in the house heading for the back exits, it means that the 80-somethings are finally back in their house in Fort Deposit!

Daddy is much improved as he is becoming grumpier by the day. It reminds me of the movie "Grumpy Old Men" and "On Golden Pond". Mama pointed out tonight how his grumpiness meant he was recovering nicely and I replied to her, "Bless YOUR heart" to which we both laughed!

Mama is feeling better today. Yesterday, she was still very tired, but today she looked more rested and didn't cough as much. I am taking meals to them at night making certain there is plenty to have leftovers for lunch the next day while I am in Greenville at school! (Arrgghh!) Callie and Gracie are keeping good watch and helping out while I am away. Then I take over when I return. I hoed some of the weeds away from the squash plants today and gathered seven squash to be prepared for a meal. Daddy is pleased. Had to get him some fertilizer for the tomatoes...don't know when he will put that out OR have Micah or me put it out. I am the daughter with the brown thumb. I kill plants and I have been entrusted with the garden in their absence. I managed to keep it alive and even producing, but it doesn't look like it would if Daddy had been managing it! It has been quite an experience for me. We will all be much happier when Daddy can resume the garden responsibilities, probably most of all, the garden!

No comments: