Saturday, June 21, 2008

I Am So Proud Of My Daddy!

Mama has really been sick. Nauseated beyond belief with wave after wave of it washing over her until suddenly, it dissappears. Until the next time. In these few moments of feeling better Mama will come sit in her recliner or sit at the dining room table with us and chat until she has to once again retire as she succumbs to the squeamishness that has plagued her for a couple of weeks now.

My Daddy (until this week) just thought that if Mama wasn't in the bed, she must be feeling better and things were back to normal. Bless his heart, he couldn't see well enough to look into her face and find the hauntingly drawn look that was there or the sunken eyes surrounded by dark circles. His ears wouldn't let him hear the weakness in her voice or the little sighs of sickness that we could all hear. Mama's Dr. told her on Wednesday to do only three things...eat, drink, and rest. Her blood pressure was 177 over 120 and he meant for her to rest because that was the only thing that was going to make her better. So Patty told Daddy about it and he didn't like that he was having to take orders from anybody, Patty, the Dr., anyone... but to his credit, he listened. He has been doing for himself things that he hasn't done in a very long time. Let me interject here that with the removal of his gall bladder, I think he is finding that he is feeling better than he has felt in a very long time. He has really stepped up to the plate and is doing his part to help Mama get well and I am so proud of him for it. He is doing things that for most anyone else would be considered "normal", but for him it is huge!

Mama is feeling better tonight, I don't know if it will last until morning. Mornings are the worst time for her. I told her that if I didn't know better, I would think she had morning sickness. LOL. She chuckled. The bad joke was worth it just to hear her laugh and see her smile. I have really missed her smile. We hope that this is just the residual effects of the antibiotic she was on for her bronchitis treatment and that it will be diminishing each day until it dissappears altogether. She is such a trooper and so is Daddy. Just when you think you know somebody....

1 comment:

Keysgal@QuietWater said...

It is hard for our Daddy but I am glad he is stepping up to the plate now. Perhaps the visit from Aunt Melba made him understand a little better as well. Lord, I hope Mama keeps on getting better now. She told me she had a little headache today but was taking her BP regularly. Also said she is not taking double dose of BP med but will talk to the doc tomorrow. I hate it when either of them is sick. Thanks to you and all up there for continuing to take care of business. Much love.