Friday, July 31, 2009

Life is Good!

I am on top of the world today!

Today, I am excited to be alive. I have had a whirlwind summer filled with swim practices and swim meets, VBS, summer school (argh!), sleepovers, lawn mowing, vacation, being taxi to my parents, holiday celebrations, buying school supplies...the list goes on.

As I was reflecting on the last couple of months, I realized how very much I love my life. I love the change of seasons and all the delightful splendor they bring with them. I love that there are challenges to be faced that once endured or overcome, make me a stronger person with a deeper, richer character. I love having time to spend with my children, knowing that sooner than I would like to think, they will be starting out on their own path in life. I love spending time with my parents, gleaning knowledge and wisdom that only persons of their 86 and 90 years can provide. I love that I can find joy and beauty in every. single. day that God allows me to wake up to a fresh start, breathe in and out all day long, and lay my head on my pillow at night, resting in His care and protection. I love that I am such a very blessed woman to have been spared soooo many of life's tragedies...to the point that I am almost 50 years old and I have never experienced real sorrow or excruciating, painful loss.

I love living each day just to experience the wonders that life has to offer. I realize that attitude makes all the difference in how well I live and how much I enjoy, what life has dealt me.

I have hopes and dreams, but if I never achieve making those become reality, I will still say at the end of my life that is has been a good one and that I enjoyed every single minute of it...good and bad. All the life experiences have melded together to make me who and what I am and I can truly say that I like being me!

Yes,I am on top of the world today. Tomorrow may find me in a valley or even a deep, dark pit, but today...I am celebrating life!

No comments: