Wednesday, July 14, 2010

As promised...Hope

It seems I predicted my future.

Today, I am very hopeful.

I am hopeful that after the primaries, we might possibly turn this shift in government around beginning in November.

I am hopeful that our business will be picking back up beginning next week.

I am hopeful that we will not lose our employee, who is much more than just a worker. He is our friend and his postitive outlook really helps keep MT focused on moving forward no.matter.what.

I am hopeful that by the weekend we will have cooler temperatures. This heat is so opppressive.

I am feeling hopeful, but I am not breathing just yet. Still holding my breathe until the screws loosen and the vise lessens. I can't afford to count my chickens just yet. They are pecking at the shell, but the are not yet a bird in the hand. Not exactly a bird in the bush, either. Somewhere in between, closer to the hand than they were yesterday, but not a sure thing until they are.

I have learned to be cautious where my feelings are concerned. I hope I have learned much, much more and when this storm is finally over (there is that hope again)I will elaborate more on what exactly I have learned. It seems that life never tires of teaching her lessons to us or maybe, we are destined to suffer the same results simply because we don't learn to change our course. Isn't that the definition of insanity?

I am beginning to realize that learning is an integral facet of life that we never escape until our bodies and brains no longer function and our time on earth is ended. That is quite a revelation for someone who used to have an opinion about everything, then a couple of weeks ago realized she didn't know much about anything, and now embraces that she has still got to open her mind and learn some things. That is not at all easy, nor comfortable.


But for now, for today, hope is enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it were easy and comfortable, then you wouldn't be learning and growing ... which is what life is all about. I may have forgotten to mention in the past that the process before turning fifty is a hard one. There are alot of emotions to go thru in the process of letting go of control and no longer sweating the small stuff. The process usually involves fear, sadness, grief and regret, to mention a few. Fear from realizing that your days are numbered, sadness in realizing your days are numbered, regret over things that you could/should have done differently and grief from realizing that alot of your dreams will probably never come true. It's a hard phase, but you have to remember, it's just a chapter in your book of life. That chapter will end and you will emerge knowing that you now have to make the most of everyday and not waste minutes being sad or fearful. You'll realize whatever you coulda/shoulda done in the past is just that ... now in the past and that chapter is closed. You will also realize which dreams are priority and focus more on making those come true. IT WILL GET BETTER! Just remember, this too shall pass! Love you!

J