Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It Has Been A Long Month

It has been just over a month since I began work at the Licensure Board. It seems as if I have been working here for at least three. I am amazed that it has taken so long to get adjusted to a new routine. Just proves that I am not a spring chicken anymore, I guess. The upside of this is even though it may take this "old" dog a little longer to learn the new tricks, she can still learn! It has been a good experience overall. My co-workers are great people and I am happy to have the opportunity to make new friends, the job is not bad as jobs go, the pay is not bad, the time away from home stinks, but when there are three positives and one negative, I am in a pretty good situation.

October is here. My favorite month is October. The weather is gorgeous, the sky is the bluest it is all year, the holidays are just around the corner, I always feel happy in autumn even when there is so much to be unhappy about. The summer heat is oppresive and I feel oppressed when in the midst of the summer months, but autumn is so freeing. It bursts with color all over my life and then urges me to celebrate all that is good in my world. The fun festivities of Halloween, the thankfulness that is ushered in at Thanksgiving, the joy of Christmas, the feeling of new beginnings that come with January 1st each year.

In spite of all my troubles, worries, aches, and pains, October has revived me. With it comes a renewed strength and purpose to get my life back and get it in order.

Hope is overflowing in my life today. It is a good day to be alive and free and blessed.

August and September were pitiful months, indeed, but oh, how I love October!

No comments: