Thursday, October 28, 2010

It Was Raining Cats And Snakes

We finally got some much needed rain! MT and I were sitting under the garage for morning coffee, cigarettes, and couple time. I had gone in briefly to make sure the kids were getting ready when he comes running in the house urgently calling my name and telling me to come look at something.
I get outside in the garage and there was the tail of a very large snake slithering under some cardboard boxes in the corner. MT said it was between 5 and 6 feet long!

I got to work and about an hour or so into the day, I hear a kitten screaming and crying for it's mother. I found this tiny little baby ball of fur, so sweet and so adorable and as I approached it in the gentlest manner possible, talking to it in soothing tones, I extended my hand in frienship and mercy to this little lost and pitiful creature and it hissed, spit, and lunged at my hand with all the ferocity it's frightened little body could muster and I backed OFF! This was one feisty little ball of fur!

I managed at day's end to capture it and discovered that she is female. She is very pretty with beautiful blue eyes and she was so weary from her frightful adventure of the day, that she began to trust us quickly once she knew we would not hurt her. One of my co-workers took her to a friend to foster for a couple of weeks then she will be available to some lucky someone who can make her a good home. She will be a wonderful cat, I am sure.

I am still a bit out of sorts with my situation. Mama is refusing help, unless it is us, but then she will wear herself out and we have to end up there anyway. JJ and I are about ready to throw our hands up! We are between a rock and a hard place with no where to turn.

As I left to do some work that came in, Mama and Ellen confirmed that Daddy has been able to get up out of his chair on his own. We are asking HHC to come in nearly everyday and get Daddy showered and dressed and come back in the evening and get him in his jammies for bed. Yay!

Just got the news that we will be off Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving! Another Yay! Looking forward to November 11th to be off for Veteran's Day!

No comments: