I am inundated with bad news from all over the world. Japan's earthquake,tsunami, and nuclear reactor meltdowns, battles on-going in Libya, and the middle-east in general, the economy world-wide. Things are so bad in so many places. People are losing their homes, their livelihoods, their means of transportation. It is bad all around.
We found ourselves tumbling headlong into all that nastiness, but God threw us a net once again. I landed a job, a good job and although I don't make the kind of money we are accustomed to MT bringing in, it is bread and butter money that we can count on to be there in between his checks. Slowly we are getting back on track. We still have so far to go, but we have been so blessed even through this storm in which we found ourselves embroiled.
We have our health and to that has been added some much needed, affordable health insurance. We have our homes one of which is soon to be occupied by Brittany and her family. We have each other and we are all better for the hardships we have endured and the other set of shoes we have been forced to wear. We have Michael's parents and Mama and Daddy and they are doing relatively well at this writing. We have our siblings and they are nothing short of a God-send. We have our friends, who have been neglected, but are still there and true blue. We have so many blessings that were taken for granted, but are now appreciated when looked at through eyes of those who have seen the potential for so much loss and have been spared it, for whatever reason. We danced so frighteningly close to losing everything we had, but were tossed a lifeline which has been secured in everyway possible by family and friends and they have done it in more ways than I can recount here in this post.
I feel as if I have been singing the same two songs for so long. The Doom and
Gloom song and the Blessed Beyond Measure song. I believe the former used to be predominant, but I feel the latter has caught up and overtaken it as of late. I hope that is true and that keeping our current course will set a pattern that will continue to see us flourish and overcome in every facet of our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment