Sunday, August 24, 2008

He's Off and Running Again!

Michael got home this afternoon about 4:30 and we enjoyed some good quality family time. We were almost to the end of Water Horse when his phone begins to ring. It was Dale County and they had two of their three computers down, so off he goes into the dark and stormy night to slay yet another dragon. He left at 9:45 so he will not be home until the wee hours of the morning. Did I mention that I am a little uneasy about these storms? It doesn't help when I am left here alone, but at least these have been relatively minor storms and nothing of real significance has happened yet, at least not here. Three or four times the fire truck has passed my house tonight with lights and sirens flashing and blaring (and of course, each time we call my mama and daddy and say "Are ya'll alright up there?" They get such a kick out of it!) so someone has seen some action.

My migraines are kicking up quite well. I don't know if it is the stress or the barometric pressure or a combination of the two, but they are pretty persistent these last couple of days. So I am about to take a Xanax and see if I can relax enough to go to sleep.

I told Michael that I would leave the back door unlocked for him, because unlike Tom Bodett, with the power flickering off and on, I couldn't promise I'd leave the light on.

No comments: