We are in the process of purchasing what will be our final home. I have jumped through hoops, walked through fire, and bent over backwards to accomodate FHA. Those loans are no longer acquired with such ease as they once were! For instance, we had saved up cash for our down payment. Guess what? FHA won't accept cash! Can you believe that? Our banker calls us an anomaly. We just don't do unsecured credit and we do a good deal of our transactions in cash, so who knew?
We have bantered this around for over a year now. Watching the economy, waiting for certainty to knock on our door. But alas, certainty is not coming to call, so we are taking a leap of faith. The house is a 3000 sq. ft. brick,5 bedroom, 3 &1/2 bath, with a den/breakfast nook, a formal dining room, a formal living room, a basement, small office/storage area, a covered patio, a deck, a two-car garage, and a kitchen that is four times the size of my current galley, all nestled on nearly two acres of land. We are getting a really good price on it and decided that we needed to go ahead and get it while we have the opportunity.
Still, I am a little nervous about the economy, but we can't let this pass us by. We are popping out of our little 2000 square foot home. I just decided that I would rather look back and regret getting it, than wonder what might have been if we had gotten it.
My husband's brother, is planning to rent our current home. He has two children who visit him and our three bedroom, 2 bath is perfect for him. An acre of land surrounds it for the children to play and it will afford him the peace and quiet for which he is searching. It benefits us because it will offset the mortgage payment on this property until we decide what we want to do with it.
As soon as the house is officially ours, if it in fact becomes so, I will post photos of it.
I am so excited and yet so nervous simultaneously!
2 comments:
Congratulations! Love your new background, BTW...
One thing I know for sure.....opportunity comes knocking only once for some things and sounds like this is a good move for you. Life comes with uncertainties, otherwise, it would be very boring. I am excited for you and keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well and you are moved in to your new home before Christmas. Keep us posted. xoxo
Post a Comment