Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Was Afraid of This

This is growing in my baby's throat!

Well, the doctor confirmed my suspicion. Grace has strep. She was somewhat improved on Thursday morning then began to spiral downward Thursday evening. Her fever spiked at last check before medication was administered at 101.5, which is not too high, but it was not going in the direction I wanted. It was obvious she was not significantly improving. Our doctor worked her in. Bless his heart. He was trying to leave the office early to take his family to the Alabama football game and then camping for the weekend. God bless him for not leaving us to deal with this all weekend! OR, visit a Doc-in-the-Box then have to pay again to see our doctor the next week to follow up.
He is even prepared, if needed, to call in prescriptions for any subsequent family members who may succumb to the nasty, dreaded, streptococcal bacterial throat invasion. As he offers this so generously, I am thinking of all the mama-loving I did before I suspected this was strep.

Hmmmm....all those kisses, all the times I tasted the food or drink to see that it would be OK for her taste, all the hot oatmeal bites that I put the spoon directly from her mouth, into the oatmeal, blew it, touched it to my lips to be sure it was not going to burn her mouth, then back into the bowl....Oh-My-Goodness! The times that she fell asleep sitting with me in the recliner as she breathed directly into my face...Oh, dear!

No comments: