We saw re-enactors dressed as Native Americans, French soldiers, Colonial American soldiers, and men and women who would have just lived and worked in the 1700's and 1800's. They showed us how life was lived in those days and boy, do we have a better appreciation for modern society!
When the rain began, we found a spot to shelter and keep dry. It was under the canopy of the musicians who played a violin, fiddle, fife, drum, and hammered dulcimer. Being products of an interactive, technological culture, I thought the children would tire of listening to the music and singing, as we waited for the rain to subside. Instead, they asked if the musicians knew any Christmas music and when the music began, the children began to sing along! They made quite an impression on the re-enactors and I must admit, I was pretty impressed myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment