Sunday, January 18, 2009

Chloe, Beauty,Prissy,Lady, and Odie. Four ladies and a tramp!
I usually don't worry too much about my big dogs that live outside. They have nice houses with straw bedding put in fresh as needed, plenty of food and water, shade and sun, all in all, a pretty good set up.
Considering they were all strays who were starving and abandoned, it is a pretty cushy home. I keep them on tethers, for which I take a great deal of flack, but I believe in keeping them safe, keeping them from being a nuisance, and most importantly, keeping them safe.

Well, the temperatures were going to be so low for several nights that I just knew I would sleep better if they were not out in the cold. I have bought sweaters for them. Those stayed on a matter of hours and by morning would be off, so what purpose did that serve? So we brought out the kennels, brought in the dogs one at a time, gave them each a bath, then put them in their kennel for the night on a soft, warm blanket.

They didn't know what was going on or how to react to it! It has not been cold enough to warrant bringing them inside for years, so this was the first experience for almost all of them. It didn't take long for them to realize that this was the life. Doggie treats, sleeping with the children nearby, warmth...it was a doggie delight.

They will go back out today and be back inside at night as long as the weather is so disagreeably cold. Anyway, my house, being so small, has been overrun with dogs and kennels and I feel like I am a boarding house for dogs! Although it has taken a good deal of work to bring them in, it has been a great deal of fun for all of us!

3 comments:

Melissa Lester said...

Wow, you had a full house! I am still having to get used to our little kittens roaming the house at night. It is startling to be awakened by them running over us when we are sleeping, but I love it when they are snuggly.

Anonymous said...

Hi, everуthing is gоіng sound hеre and ofcourse
eveгy οne iѕ sharing informatiοn,
thаt's genuinely good, keep up writing.

Feel free to surf to my website; used altec bucket truck
my page > locate a bucket truck

Anonymous said...

You need to take into account the textiles you might use to your home window therapies. You will want to use cotton if you wish those to be simple to clean up or if you want a romantic appearance go with velvet. Also consider the room that they are going in and what routines take place there. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Pro232rgram[/url]