Last Friday, Callie graduated from Elementary school to Jr. High. I am having a tough time with the loss of my babies.
She is almost as tall as I now and so much the little lady. She has grown tall and lithe and really looks much older than the 12 years, that she is. Such a pretty girl, if I say so myself and she smiled the entire time...she was so proud and so was I.
She was inducted into the Jr. Beta Club for scholastic excellence and was presented with a National Award in the Physical Fitness Program. She was also acknowledged for earning a place on the AB Honor Roll. It was quite a day! The best part...Granddaddy and Grandmama got to be there to see all of this.
After graduation, the fifth grade had prepared a reception for the graduates and their families. We got the Grands on their way and we headed out with the entire class to "Old Mexico" for lunch before going to the movie theater to view "Earth". It was a fun-filled, action-packed, very tiring, but most rewarding day for us all.
She is still a tenderhearted, soft-spoken, girl for the most part, but the teenage hormones are certainly at work sharpening her attitude, tongue, and temper.
Still, what a blessing she has been to us. She is the sweetness in our family!
1 comment:
Callie and Gracie - A/B Honor Roll! WOW! Callie is such a special young lady! Always has been special and sweet as pie! I am so proud of the girls and their grades! They don't know it now, but those grades are so important for their future! Know it's hard for you to "lose" your babies. You just need to be proud of how they've turned out!
Much love,
Aunt J
Post a Comment