Friday, June 1, 2012

Perhaps I am Hypersensitive

My son came home yesterday.  His numbers have or are regulating, but he is understandably tired and weak from his ordeal.  He was finally diagnosed with some sort of viral infection that still has his spleen slightly enlarged.  Any jarring of even the slightest nature causes pain in his abdomen just from the sensitivity of the enlarged organ.
He is supposed to attend Forestry Camp next week and the Basic Training the following week.  The prospect of these two events have me a bit unnerved.  I am not so sure he is up to camp much less Basic.  The doctors gave strict instructions that he was to be involved in no contact sport or strenuous activity for three to six months.  How is he going to make it through Basic?
He says he is fine and I am being over protective, but my best mama instincts are telling me to keep him home and let him heal.
His Sargeant is coming to evaluate him today and make a report.  Hopefully, he will see things my way. 

No comments: