Thursday, November 27, 2008

Notice-Pity Party Officially Ended

OK. So I have strep.
I have antibiotics that will knock it out pretty quickly and for that, I am thankful.
My children have been the best helpers and nurses. They regularly check on me and take care of my every need. They have even been doing their chores while I am sick. For that, I am truly thankful.
My husband has been attentive even while he is facing a deadline, busy working so hard to finish this project. I am so thankful for him.
My sisters have called to make sure I am doing alright and have taken my share of the cooking for tomorrow. I couldn't be more thankful for that.
My friends have emailed, commented on my blog, and phoned to see what they could do to make things better for me at this difficult time. Wow, I am so thankful that I am so loved by so many.
As a mom, I fear that the world will stop turning on its axis and everything will fall apart if I lie in my bed recooperating. I am thankful for everyone who is picking up the slack for me while I recover, so that my world doesn't come crashing in and I can rest and not feel guilty about taking care of me.
I am a very blessed woman. My illness has reminded me how very fortunate I am. My Pity Party is over.
All the people listed above who have blessed my life are just a drop in the bucket of the many blessings the Lord has poured out on me, but they are some of the best.
Thanksgiving is upon me and I can't remember a year that I have felt as thankful as I do today.
Exodus 33:14
The Lord replied, " My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

1 comment:

Chaotic Joy said...

Sometimes it's just plain hard to find the silver lining. Good for you.