Monday, December 22, 2008

Where Are You Christmas Spirit?

Alright now, time is running short! If I must be sick anymore, it will just have to be after the holidays are over. I must draw from the depths of my innermost self, find the strength I know is there, pull myself up by the boot straps and get on with the holiday festivities.

That was my mantra yesterday as I went shopping with the kiddies and wrapped packages, etc. I will just ignore the crud, medicate myself appropriately and it will go away long enough to be happy and get through the holiday festivities of Sunday without a hitch! Sunday's agenda was to be as follows: worship, Heartsill Christmas in Greenville, church again at 3 pm, caroling and a party afterward for the carolers...a full day of fun! I took my medicine and went to bed in order to be able to wake up ready to hit the ground running. About 2:30, Gracie comes to my bedroom crying. Her ear is hurting really badly. I didn't count on this! I can muddle through, but I can't make my children buck up and keep going at all cost, when they are sick! Yikes! So, I gave her Ibuprophen and put a moist heat on her ear which didn't help very much. So we tried the old tried-and-true blowdryer in the ear trick and it seemed to help. About 5:00, she asked to take a shower and in the middle of that, she vomitted. After she got out of the shower we applied more blowdryer heat to her ear and by then, the pain meds had kicked in and she fell asleep. That was around 6:30.

Needless to say, we missed worship. Michael is going to take her to PriMed to see the doctor and hopefully we will make it to 3pm church and the other two can go carolling and to the after party so their day will be somewhat normal.

I am still looking for my Christmas spirit and am determined to find it before the 25th. I have caught a glimpse of it here and there, so I think it can't elude me much longer! Maybe I need to talk to Santa.....hmmmm.....

No comments: