Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Grace no longer in the upper building!

National Award for physical fitness...can you find Gracie?
Here she is, looking none too happy. I think she was a little jealous that Callie was getting so much attention.

Mrs. Audrey presenting the National Award to Gracie.

This picture is the best I could get of Grace's recognition for AB Honor Roll. Granddaddy was leaning against my legs to support his back, so standing to aim the camera was impossible!

Grace' class entering the gym for Honors Day festivities. She was not her happy self that day.

Last Friday was also Honors Day at school for the Elementary grades. Our Grace received honors for AB Honor Roll and she earned a National Award for physical fitness.

At Fort Dale, grades 1-4 are in the upper building where the office and library are located. Once the students are promoted into the 5th grade, they move to the lower building where they begin to prepare for Jr. High school. Next year, Gracie will have a locker! That is such big stuff, do you remember how big that is? Also, she will begin moving from two different rooms for classes. In 4th grade they spent 1/2 the day with one teacher and the other 1/2 with the second teacher preparing them to learn to take all that they would need for the other classes with them. Next year, she will have two classes with Mrs. Denise, break, two classes with Mrs. Lacey, lunch, P.E. with Coach Anderson, then one final class with each respective teacher again. This readies them for 9th grade when they will have a different teacher for every class. I love how Fort Dale works to prepare them step by step for the adjustments ahead!

So next year, for the first time since we began our academic endeavors at Fort Dale, I will no longer have a child in the upper building. I have no more babies, people. They have grown into young people. It is so very bittersweet, this journey of parenthood....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Gracie! A/B Honor Roll! She's not only beautiful, but smart too! Not to mention sooooo funny! I love my Gracie!

Aunt J

Kristi said...

Yes, I had read your post about the possible HBC... she could have been bumped, you know... not actually flattened! :) Stranger things have happened, and it's those strange things that make you ask questions like that!

Joyeful said...

A National Award for physical fitness AND the honor roll!! What a talented little girl!! I know you're so proud!!

It's great to meet you and I love that you describe yourself as a "grand procrastinator"! I can completely identify with that statement!

Sarah said...

Delighted to meet you! Just found your blog and am splashin' around a bit. Thanks for sharing your heart and life with the nations.

Hugs from this missionary mommy,
Sarah Dawn