He got a truck for his birthday. He is responsible for half the payments. We will hold the title unless he wants to earn enough to pay the entire amount owed for the truck. Hopefully,this will be a life lesson in responsibility for him.
He is almost as tall as I now. I can't believe how quickly the years have swept past! Seems like yesterday, he was a baby. In my mind, I can still see him so clearly, toddling around the house. In just one more short year, he will be driving and we will see very little of him, I am sure.
Regret for things not done, flood my mind. Remorse for acts committed that I wish I could travel time and change, creep in uninvited. However, I realize the futility of those emotions. My best bet is to look ahead and move forward, correcting as many of those mistakes as is possible and in doing so, pour as much love, acceptance, appreciation, and praise onto all of my children, as often as I am able.
He is on the verge of becoming a man and I know what a good person he is. I hope that the good traits I have exhibited will be what sticks with him and that somehow, he will be able to look past the less desirable, leaving those behind, on his journey through life.
He is my firstborn, my only son, my wonderful man/boy and I can only hope that he always knows and feels, how very much his mama loves him.
Happy birthday, my handsome, young fellow!
2 comments:
Happy birthday Micah! Seems only yesterday you were the age of my grandboys. Love you.
Sooooo hard to believe that Micah is now 15! He's such a sweet, good mannered young man and is always willing to help me ... sometimes offering even before I ask! I know you have taught him well and loved him with all your might and that's the best any Mama can do!
Love you,
J
Post a Comment