My world has been rocked from one extreme to the other in the last two years. I have managed to keep my head afloat, keep my sanity in tact(for the most part), keep my children alive, keep my my marriage alive, and keep body and soul together.
I have spent the entire two years adjusting. Adjusting to this, morphing into that, evolving into this other thing. I have achieved chameleon status having learned to adapt to whatever the circumstance. The balance is yet to come, but somehow I think it is on its way.
I have grown from a "fly by night" child, into a chameleon who doesn't even know who I am any longer. From one extreme to the other in true "Laura" form. I have lived most of my life with "black/white" being the dominating force. All or nothing was my motto. That has brought with it much heartache and scads of trouble. There was no gray area, no in-between.
I am becoming a more tolerant person. A person who is compassionate and flexible. A person who can live and let live with full understanding that each is responsible for their own life and actions.
The pendulum is still swinging, but the velocity has slowed and the goal seems attainable.
Balance. Nothing in excess, all things in moderation. Balance.
No comments:
Post a Comment