
Beautiful old marble building!

The State Bible

Pine Burr Quilt official state quilt design

Mammoth tooth found in Alabama

Hair and button jewelry display

Bronze Door that depicts historical events in Alabama

Amputation kits that date back to Civil War times

Quilts made from 1851-1882
I am so excited to be going to the Grand Opening of the first phase of new exhibits at the Archives and History Building! Michael has never been and the girls are game to go since they have not seen the building since about 4th grade.
We are taking Micah to Elmore to attend a Christian rock concert (with Mylissa) called Enfuego on Saturday (all day) then heading to the Archives Building to enjoy some history.
I do love downtown Montgomery because of it rich history and grand architecture. It is a pleasure to work in the downtown area. I only wish it was closer to home.
I have included some photos of what we saw on our visit. It is worth the time and effort to go visit our heritage and see how our state developed through the years.
No comments:
Post a Comment