She was married to a pharmacist and she always called him Durden although that was his last name. She was widowed at a relatively young age with a young daughter to raise. She owned a clothing store in Montgomery with her sister for many years then retired to Fort Deposit where she lived until she broke a hip a few years before her death.
She was active and spunky all her life. She never let anyone run over her and she took care of her business like a pro. She was smart, strong, and tough when necessary, but she had a heart of gold.
She was kind, loving, generous, good-hearted, and funny. She was a domino champ...no one could beat her! She was a world traveler, but she loved "home".
She was easy to talk with despite the difference in our ages. She loved her family and we loved her. I had planned to see her tonight when we sang at the nursing home...I had a Christmas card for her room. I will surely miss her powerful presence in my world. She was a force to be reckoned with!
Now, of the original ten siblings in my father's family, there are only four left with us. We hate so badly to tell them goodbye, but that is because we selfishly want to keep them with us. They are in a better place now. We will see them again.
Aunt Bill was ready to go. She was not afraid of death. I can't imagine her being afraid of anything. She goes with our love and a little piece of our hearts, but we get to keep a little piece of hers with us in the exchange. It will have to do for now.
We love you, Millie.
4 comments:
What a very dear and special lady Aunt Bill was! She's finally crossed the River Jordan, which is something she has wanted to do for a good while now. Laura, you did an excellent job of describing who she was and what she meant to us. I am sad for us, but sooooo happy for her! We will miss her!
J
That was such a thoughtful post. I miss her already!
I could not have said it better little sis. She was one special lady who was loved by all who knew her....except maybe the people who tried to take advantage of her and got an ear full!!! Thank you for the wonderful tribute to our family's newest angel.
A lovely tribute. May we all be so loved in our lives. She is dancing now in the presence of the King. Yet still, I am sorry for your family's loss.
Post a Comment