Saturday, April 18, 2009

Grace In The Spotlight

A close up of Gracie.

They were dressed to resemble the flag.

Here is my girl singing her solo!

In the above picture, the children are singing American, Like Me. They happened to be singing the You and you and you and you and you, part for this snapshot!
Grace had a solo in her fourth grade Patriotic program at school. The sang a large number of songs and did a really good job.
I must say, her solo was very dramatic and was really good! She was not nervous and she made her mama very proud! She sang the descant above the other students, while they sang the chorus of American Tears.

AMERICAN TEARS
Sometimes I think about America
About her struggles through the years
I think of people who did what they had to do
With the strength to act through their fears
Sometimes I think about America
About her future and her past
I know we’re blessed to be
Living in liberty in a land
Where freedom will last
Chorus:For the heroes, for the patriots
For the soldiers, for all the pioneers
I will always be an American
And I’ll always cry American tears.
Sometimes I think about America
About her people’s legacy
I wonder if they knew
That what they had to do
Would be known throughout history
Sometimes I think about America
About her pain along the way
I know it had to be
For our democracy and the world
We live in today.

It does my heart good to know that these children are being taught what it means to be a patriot and to honor and respect what our military has done for us. That is one reason my children attend Fort Dale Academy-they are taught the values that matter to me along with their academics.
Youtube has many versions of American Tears. If you have not heard it, you need to go have a listen...it will bring a tear to your patriotic eye! : )

No comments: