Monday, February 20, 2012

And So It Begins



My recovery has begun.  I started my medication Friday night, I am reading Codependent No More, and trying to be gentle with myself as I sort through this mess I call my life.   I am encouraged.  Elizabeth seems to know what she is talking about and she doesn't let either of us get by with too much.  


I am realizing, I am not crazy and there is hope.  Many others have walked this path and come out on the other side intact and better for the journey.  So much of what is written in this book is so me.  It is as if someone took  excerpts from my journal.


I am not really feeling yet.  I have had some glimpses of emotion, but nothing tangible.  I am told it will take somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks for the medication to kick in.  I suppose it may take that long to feel anything but what has already consumed me.  


I am unsure whether others will understand this or not.  I am not sure I understand it, but it resonates with me as I read about it and that lends credibility to the book and the theory in my eyes.  


Anxiously awaiting spring and new beginnings.  

No comments: