Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Am Renewed


















Stock Photo
Last night the most beautiful full moon rose over the horizon. I know that happens every month, but last night I got to watch it all alone, no children, no husband, no one making any demands on me or my time. Just me, God, and the cat and it was fabulous. It has been a long time since I had the opportunity to watch the evening shadows fall and overtake the afternoon sun, until all that was left was the silvery light cast by the moon, like a silky spider web over God's creation.


I am such a sap when it comes to nature and yes, it doesn't take much to "wow" me. Maybe the next time I am feeling overwhelmed, I need to walk in God's playground and I will feel better. I think I might try that in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I have read and enjoyed your comments from Rick's blog - he and my son Kirk are friends and I watched Brooke grow up at Camp Maywood. I get a kick out of your comments...I feel we may be kindred spirits:) I too am a scatter brained child of God. I too am easily wowed - nothing wrong with that - We are just very intuned with our Maker. Blessings