After we left Emily's, everyone then set out in the direction of the party destination. We left parents, grands, and great-grands at Emily's for a time while we siblings put finishing touches on the venue. Guests began to arrive right on schedule and soon the hall was brimming with people. We had a 50" TV set up broadcasting the Bama game. We hoped this would entice people to stay longer and it worked. There was a steady infiltration of guests for the full two hours. Some were family, some were friends, some we see often, some we see seldom. All were a welcome sight and each brought with them a little warming of the heart. Knowing they cared enough to join us in honoring our parents, even in the middle of the Alabama game, made us more grateful and evermore proud of these people we call mama and daddy. Some stayed just a little while, others stayed the entire time and we enjoyed each and every one of the them.
Side note* I am going to brag a little about my painted pumpkin. I am quite proud of it. I was unsure that I would be able to free-hand this fierce mascot onto the pumpkin and do him justice, but all in all, I thought he looked quite good. I love to paint, I just never seem to have time OR I won't take the time because I feel guilty because I should be doing something else, like cleaning, or laundry, or yardwork, but instead I am doing something I love and enjoy. (Possibly to avoid those things I detest?) Guilt, whatever the reason.
After the guests had all gone home, it was time for the final surprise. The 50" TV that was mentioned before was actually going home with Mama and Daddy. They were shocked to say the least, but very pleased. They are watching a football game on it this very minute.
2 comments:
How awesome is that ~ They must have loved the T.V.!!! Not to mention the decorations!!! You guys must have had so much fun. Roll Tide Roll!!! But can he get the 4 wheeler next year:)
WOW!! Laura that pumpkin needs to be auctioned on E-Bay. Great job! I'm so sorry our vacation coincided with the Party of the Century! Thank you for sharing these pics. What a wonderful day. Love you!
Post a Comment