Today, it seems my world is closing in on me. It is one of those days when you want to just crawl back into bed and make it all go away. Thinking that if you sleep long enough, when you wake up it will all be gone and all will be back to normal (whatever that is).
But alas, the only way to make it GO away is to tackle the beast one limb at a time. Divide and conquer and all that good stuff. Eat the elephant one bite at a time and all those euphanisms that nobody wants to hear when they are in the "pit".
Finding the motivation is key, but sometimes (like today) it eludes me. I find myself wasting my time instead of using it. The doctor's appointments, the dental cleanings and appointments, the field trips, the bake sales, the taxes...oh, the dreaded taxes, the endless parade of "things" I HAVE to do that set my mind swirling and they all tend to run together dispite my best efforts to spread them out.
It is times like these when I find myself feeling the angst of being a "single", married, mom. I look on with envy at the father who has brought his child to the doctor or dentist. I am jealous of the mom who is afforded the luxury of shopping for groceries sans children.
I wish that I were better organized, but I am just not! I am better than I used to be, but still a nightmare for all the "born organizers" out there. I will not stop trying to become a more disciplined person, but today, it may have gotten the better of me.
I know you are probably thinking, "Get off the computer and do something about it", but blogging about it is my therapy of choice today and I do feel a little better having gotten these ugly words on my blog and out of my mind and heart.
Now I am going to make some lunch and see what the afternoon brings. Maybe a burst of inspiration and energy? Hopefully!
2 comments:
Make a list of all you have to do and then number them in PRIORITY order and then do them in that order. No deviations "unless there is a train wreck that starts a fire" on one of the other things on the list. Once you have completed just one of the things on your list you will feel better and ready to take on the challenge of the others. xoxox
I hope you got lots accomplished today!...
I'm glad you came across Melissa Lester's blog. She goes to church with me and is a frequent speaker at ladies retreats!
Post a Comment