Last year, my girls were inspired to cut their hair for Locks of Love. For any who don't know, one must be able to cut off at least an 8 inch ponytail to send to the American Cancer Society, who in turn sends these shorn tresses to be made into a wig for someone who is undergoing chemotherapy and may not be able to afford a wig. They had seen an article in the newspaper or heard of this somehow and approached me on their own about it.
I carefully measured their hair and showed them in the mirror how much would be left after the cut and they both without so much as a moments hesitation gave me the go ahead. So in one swift snip of the shears we had two ponytails for Locks of Love.
I then dried their hair and styled it for them so it looked really pretty and they were pleased. However, they could not have been more pleased than I was to have such loving and giving little hearts that would even sacrifice the very essence of their girlhood, so some other little girl would be able to have back, the crowning glory that would be stolen from her by such a cruel illness as cancer. It makes a mama proud!
2 comments:
I am proud of my nieces for more reasons than this but what a sweet, wonderful gesture by Callie & Gracie. I have always thought this to be such a worthwhile cause. Much love....Aunt Pat
Grace looks totally thrilled... HA!
Post a Comment