Because of their ages, we haven't attended any haunted houses and such until last year, but we had a blast! It was so much fun! I explained that these were policemen and firefighters behind the costumes and that I myself had been a Jay-Cee in Montgomery and worked in a haunted house. I told them what to expect, that it was not real and that they would even see one of their school mates inside on the mad scientist's table. They screamed and we all laughed and they want to go again this year. And you know, there were no nightmares and no one was balking at bedtime for fear some ghoul would get them. They are old enough to understand the difference between reality and fantasy.
In my opinion, participating in Halloween activities no more makes a satan worshipper of me, than doing Yoga makes me Hindu. Performing rituals with the INTENT of practicing either of these would make me a party to them. Standing in a garage doesn't make me a car.
We are just having good, clean, fun and there is no harm in that.
2 comments:
Amen to that sister! Some of the most fun times I had with my kids centered around Halloween. I used to make their costumes and loved doing it. I think Ashley still has some of hers. I agree with you it's a great excuse to have fun and get a little candy from friends and neighbors. How cute of the little ones that come all dressed up with their "twick or tweat". I MISS IT SO MUCH.......don't yet live close enough to my grands to share in their fun but that is going to be remedied in the next little bit. Stay tuned!!
Amen!
Post a Comment